Version 1.0.0Copyright © 2019 Jamii Bora Bank. All rights reserved.
Get in touch with Jamii bora contact center for assistance
Privacy Acknowledgement - Jamii Bora Bank
Terms & Conditions at AccountsFor purpose of these terms and Conditions "Bank" shall refer to Jamii Bora Bank Limited
- Any person(s) opening an account with the Bank (whether resident or non resident) will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and the applicable Schedule of Bank Charges issued and amended)
- No account shall be opened by the Bank unless the account opening form is fully completed and the requisite supporting documents at tached and attested by the required authorities (if any)
- Upon submission of duly completed account opening forms the Bank will generate an Account Number for the customer in accordance with the Bank's, policies and procedures on Account Opening,
- The Bank has a statutory responsibility to apply any applicable tax on all charges on customer's accounts,
- Only valid and acceptable means of Identification (International Pass port, Kenyan National Identity Card) will be required before the Bank opens any account.
- Each account shall posses a distinctive number, which shall be quoted in all correspondence with the Bank relating to the account.
- Any change in the name, address, registration certificate (business names) and certificate of Incorporation (companies) should be imme diately communicated in writing by the Bank.
- The post office/courier firms and other agents of mail delivery shall be considered agents of the account holders for delivery of statements, letters and related communication, no responsibility shall be accepted by the Bank for access by third parties, loss, delay or non delivery of such items including cherub books sent by post/courier at the request of the account holder.
- The Bank is authorised to effect such orders in respect of the account as may be required by any court order or competent authority or agen cy under the applicable laws of the land.
- Domiciliary accounts' foreign currency account and-fixed deposits may be established in U,S, Doliars, rand, Sterling, Euro and such other cur rency as the Bank shall determine from time to time, as allowed by local regulations in force from time to time,
- Interest on savings and fixed deposits is paid at periodical interval as determined by the Bank and/or upon respective maturity dates of such deposits at such rates as may be determined by the Bank from time to time.
- Domiciliary (Foreign currency) accounts/deposits are opened and maintained subject to Foreign exchange regulations, directives of the Government of Kenya or any of its organization/agencies and the Cen tral Bank of Kenya from time to time,
- Uncleared instruments though credited in the account, shall not be drawn against sting entries to rectify the error without notice, and recover any amount wrongly paid or credited to any person together with any accrued interest or profit, However, the Bank shall not be li able for any loss or damage due to such error or any consequential loss arising there from any party,
- No account holder/depositor may annotate or delete any entries in the statement of account, Any discrepancy found, should at once be brought into notice to the Bank, If the statement of account is lost or spoilt, a duplicate statement of account may be provided by the Bank, subject to such charge as is, applicable under its Schedule of Charges,
- Minimum balance requirements (if any) will be notified by the Bank from time to time Any failure or omission to maintain such deposit or balance criteria may result in the levy of penalty as deemed fit by the Bank.
- The Bank reserves to itself the right to close with or without prior notice, any account which in its opinion is not satisfactorily operated upon, or for any reason whatsoever on the sole discretion of the Bank,
- The Bank solely reserves the right to determine any type of relation ship with the account holder/depositor without assigning any reason
- Account holder/depositor wishing to close the account must, surren der any unused cheques, ATMCards and any other documents, instru ments issued by the Bank on the account The Account Holder will also be liable for account dosing charges as in force, at the Bank before he can be paid the last remaining credit balance, if any
- The Bank shall have discharged its liability with respect to an account so closed by processing a transfer on institution from the customer, in the currency of such account, payable to the account holder. Depositor in the amount of the then credit balance of such account less deduction's) in respect of the amount of any claims that the Bank may have on such funds constituting the credit balance.
- The Bank shall determine from time to time the rate of interest pay able on the account having regard to the prevailing rules and regu lations of the Central Bank of Kenya and policies of Bank which are subject to change from time to time and the account holder/depositor hereby agrees to accept such rate of interests,
- The Bank may from time to time and at anytime revise, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions whether in whole or part including without limitations the charges liveable in respect to its services, Such charges shall be effective from the date specified by the Bank for such modification. These amendments/alterations shall be notified to the account holder/depositor and / or displayed at the Banks premises/website from time to time and shall be binding in the account holder/depositor.
- The Bank reserves the right at any time and without notice to impose charges forthe use of its services.at anytime, ing login, mobile phone access codes or any other tool or codes for the purpose of gaining access to one's account, the account holder under takes not to transfer the same to any other person and undertakes to exercise due care and attention to ensure the safety of the ATMcard, internet Banking login, mobile phone access codes or any other tool or codes for the purpose of gaining access to one's account and the secrecy of the PIN thereof. Where the account is a joint account the joint holders undertake to ensure that the ATMcard, internet Banking login, mobile phone access codes or any other tools or codes for the purpose of gaining access to one's account is only used by authorised persons who operate that account. Ifa card is lost or stolen or ifthe PIN is disclosed to unauthorised persons, the account holder must imme diately notify the Bank in writing and the card holder will be liable for any transaction made prior to the receipt by the Bank of such notifica tion. The account holder may at anytime cancel his or her ATM card, internet Banking login, mobile phone access codes or any other tool or codes for the purpose of gaining access to one's account and no tify and return the same to the Bank provided that the account holder must not attempt to use the internet Banking login, mobile phones access codes or any other tool or code for the purpose of gaining ac cess to one's account, after such notification of cancellation, the Bank reserves the right to withdraw the right to use the card, refuse to re new the card or replace or reissue a card without assigning a reason and without incurring any liability to a card holder.